Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Wed July 27, 2011
Artpod: An interview with Bonnie Jo Campbell
This week's Artpod features an interview from the "Michigan on the Page." It's a web-only series from Michigan Radio, where authors from around the state are interviewed about their own books, about Michigan books in general, and about what it means to be a Michigan writer.
On today's podcast, we turn the mic over to Brian Short, the series' curator, and author Bonnie Jo Campbell.
You can read a transcript of the interview here.
And here's a list of what was in Bonnie Jo's box o' books:
- How to Fly by Rachael Perry
- Wolf Lake, White Gown Blown Open by Diane Seuss
- Autopsy of an Engine by Lolita Hernandez
- The Nick Adams Stories by Ernest Hemingway
- Within the Lighted City by Lisa Lenzo
- The Feast of Love by Charles Baxter
- Lord of Misrule by Jaimy Gordon
- Road to Wellville by T.C. Boyle
- Freshwater Boys by Adam Schuitema
- The Legend of Sleeping Bear by Kathy-Jo Wargin
- Eden Springs by Laura Kasischke
- Laughing Whitefish by Robert Traver
- Stitches by David Small
- Of Woods and Other Things by Emma Pticher
- Michigan's Eastern Massasauga--An Historic Distribution by Tom Beauvais
- "Brown Dog" by Jim Harrison
- "Wanting Only to be Heard" by Jack Driscoll
- "The Lost Tiki Palaces of Detroit" by Michael Zadoorian
And, while we're at it, here's a list of the other writers featured in "Michigan on the Page":