Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Issues & Ale
Wed August 22, 2012
Asian Carp in the Great Lakes
Issues & Ale: Asian Carp in the Great Lakes
Tues, Sept. 18, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
2 Washington Ave.
Grand Haven, MI 49417
How much of a threat do Asian carp pose for the Great Lakes and what effect could they have on recreation and the fishing industry? Is harvesting the fish a way to solve the problem? What is being done now and what are the future options to keep this invasive species in check?
Rebecca Williams from Michigan Radio’s Environment Report hosted this panel discussion at the Kirby House in downtown Grand Haven. Panelists included Dr. Carl Ruetz-Grand Valley State University, Tammy Newcomb-Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Denny Grinold-Old Grin Sport Fishing.
Support for this event was provided in part by the Great Lakes Fishery Trust.
View photos from the event here:
View a video from the event below:
Issues and Ale is an event series co-sponsored by Michigan Radio and the Center for Michigan designed to engage people in conversations about important issues facing Michigan... in an informal atmosphere.