Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Mon October 17, 2011
Boost in September home sales in Metro Detroit
Metro Detroit saw a boost in the number of home sales and home prices last month.
The Detroit Free Press reports the September increase came from an active summer selling season:
Sales rose 8.2% in September from 4,222 to 4,568 in metro Detroit, according to Farmington Hills-based multiple listing service Realcomp. The data includes sales from Livingston, Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties.
Median prices rose 10% from $68,000 last month to $74,900.
Michigan Radio's Steve Carmody reported earlier this month about positive home sale numbers around the state, but housing analyst Alex Villacorta with Clear Capitol expected a decline this winter.