Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Mon April 15, 2013
Boston Marathon bombing will lead to added security for Sunday's Lansing Marathon
The two thousand runners expected to take part in this Sunday’s Lansing marathon can expect to see tight security along the 26-mile course.
The added security is in response to Monday’s deadly bombing at the finish of the Boston Marathon.
Lansing Police Chief Teresa Szymanski says people attending the Lansing marathon will be protected.
“We’ll certainly have additional patrols….we’ll have extra officers working the event. We’ll take precautionary measures…such as bomb sweeps and those types of things we do for these events,” says Szymanski.
Szymanski is also asking people coming out to see Sunday’s marathon to be vigilant.
“Keep your eyes and ears open,” says Szymanski, “I would encourage anyone watching or participating in the marathon…..certainly if there is something that doesn’t look right, feel right…or appears suspicious…please don’t hesitate to give us a call…I like to err on the side of caution.”
Lansing marathon organizers say they are also reviewing security procedures for Sunday’s race.
Politics & Government