Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Fri April 8, 2011
Bringing Grand Rapids and Detroit together (video)
Michigan Radio's Lindsey Smith hopped on a bus with community leaders from the Grand Rapids area this past Wednesday.
Their destination was Detroit. And their goal for the trip was "to build stronger bonds between Michigan’s two major population centers."
They left in the wee hours of the morning and arrived back in Grand Rapids around 2:30 a.m.
The trip organizers put this video together:
You can follow the twitter feed at #gr2detroit.