Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Tue April 30, 2013
Bulgarian photography and Michigan poetry inspire an album
"Cry of Freedom" is an album by Ann Arbor musician Laszlo Slomovits, but it's not your ordinary record.
The album is actually a collection of poems by Grand Rapids poet and writer Linda Nemec Foster that has been set to music.
Foster's poetry that is featured on "Cry of Freedom" is from her book Ten Songs from Bulgaria. The poetry is inspired by photographs taken by Jacko Vassilev.
Linda Nemec Foster and Laszlo Slomovitz will perform excerpts from the work at 7 pm tonight at Nicola's Bookstore in Ann Arbor.
To hear the full story, click the link above.
Arts & Culture