Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Fri January 20, 2012
Celebrating mentors in Michigan
January is Mentoring month in Michigan.
A special event today at the state capitol honored more than 200 organizations that connect young people with adults willing to mentor them in a variety of fields.
Lt. Governor Brian Calley spoke during ceremonies in the capitol rotunda about how all people need mentors to guide them.
“At every important step I ever took," says Calley, "there was always somebody there who took a personal interest in my own success.”
Calley says mentors can be anyone from parents to co-workers.