Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Fri January 20, 2012
Celebrating mentors in Michigan
January is Mentoring month in Michigan.
A special event today at the state capitol honored more than 200 organizations that connect young people with adults willing to mentor them in a variety of fields.
Lt. Governor Brian Calley spoke during ceremonies in the capitol rotunda about how all people need mentors to guide them.
“At every important step I ever took," says Calley, "there was always somebody there who took a personal interest in my own success.”
Calley says mentors can be anyone from parents to co-workers.