Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Fri January 20, 2012
Celebrating mentors in Michigan
January is Mentoring month in Michigan.
A special event today at the state capitol honored more than 200 organizations that connect young people with adults willing to mentor them in a variety of fields.
Lt. Governor Brian Calley spoke during ceremonies in the capitol rotunda about how all people need mentors to guide them.
“At every important step I ever took," says Calley, "there was always somebody there who took a personal interest in my own success.”
Calley says mentors can be anyone from parents to co-workers.