Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri January 20, 2012
Celebrating mentors in Michigan
January is Mentoring month in Michigan.
A special event today at the state capitol honored more than 200 organizations that connect young people with adults willing to mentor them in a variety of fields.
Lt. Governor Brian Calley spoke during ceremonies in the capitol rotunda about how all people need mentors to guide them.
“At every important step I ever took," says Calley, "there was always somebody there who took a personal interest in my own success.”
Calley says mentors can be anyone from parents to co-workers.