Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Wed May 28, 2014
The chairs of both major parties chime in from the Mackinac Policy Conference
The 2014 Mackinac Policy Conference began today at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.
Political and business leaders are gathering to discuss the major issues and challenges facing Michigan, and to hear from guest speakers.
Statewide elections are just five months away, so both parties have a lot of work to do between then and now.
We got the views from the Michigan leaders of both parties.
Joining us from Mackinac Island, we welcomed the chair of the Michigan Republican Party, Bobby Schostak, and the chair of the Michigan Democratic Party, Lon Johnson.
*Listen to the interviews above.