Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
Sat April 27, 2013
Chrysler putting $20M into northwest Ohio plant
Automaker Chrysler plans to put close to $20 million into one of its northwest Ohio plants.
Chrysler says the work at the machining plant just outside Toledo will go toward new equipment and tooling. The investment won't bring any new permanent jobs though.
The spending will increase capacity for a torque converter for the new 2014 Jeep Cherokee.
The plant near Perrysburg makes torque converters and steering columns for several Chrysler plants in the Midwest as well as Canada and Mexico.