Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Sat April 27, 2013
Chrysler putting $20M into northwest Ohio plant
Automaker Chrysler plans to put close to $20 million into one of its northwest Ohio plants.
Chrysler says the work at the machining plant just outside Toledo will go toward new equipment and tooling. The investment won't bring any new permanent jobs though.
The spending will increase capacity for a torque converter for the new 2014 Jeep Cherokee.
The plant near Perrysburg makes torque converters and steering columns for several Chrysler plants in the Midwest as well as Canada and Mexico.