Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Mon August 8, 2011
Consumers Energy seeking rate hike
Consumers Energy customers may see their monthly electric bills increase by the end of the year. The Jackson-based utility wants to increase the average customer’s bill by more than seven dollars a month. Jeff Holyfield is a Consumers Energy spokesman.
“The increase we have requested in this rate case primarily reflects the major investments…nearly a billion dollars that Consumers Energy is making to maintain and improve service to its 1.8 million electric customers and to improve the environment.”
The Michigan Public Service Commission may still scale back or reject Consumer’s rate hike request.