Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Politics & Government
Mon October 7, 2013
Deadline today to register to vote in November elections
Today is the deadline to register to vote for the November elections. Michigan residents can go to their local Secretary of State's office or a city clerk's office to register.
Fred Woodhams is with the Michigan Secretary of State. He says there is still time for people to register to vote.
"This November, 75 of Michigan's 83 counties will have elections. Probably the most publicized one is the Detroit mayoral race," he said. "Certainly Detroit residents will be voting on city council members as well, and cities throughout the state will have council elections."
Voters will be required to present a state issued ID at the polls. Voters without an ID will be asked to sign an affidavit.
Election day is November 5th.
Voters can go to www.michigan.gov/vote to view their voter registration status and find their polling place.
-Sarah Kerson, Michigan Radio Newsroom