Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Politics & Government
Mon October 7, 2013
Deadline today to register to vote in November elections
Today is the deadline to register to vote for the November elections. Michigan residents can go to their local Secretary of State's office or a city clerk's office to register.
Fred Woodhams is with the Michigan Secretary of State. He says there is still time for people to register to vote.
"This November, 75 of Michigan's 83 counties will have elections. Probably the most publicized one is the Detroit mayoral race," he said. "Certainly Detroit residents will be voting on city council members as well, and cities throughout the state will have council elections."
Voters will be required to present a state issued ID at the polls. Voters without an ID will be asked to sign an affidavit.
Election day is November 5th.
Voters can go to www.michigan.gov/vote to view their voter registration status and find their polling place.
-Sarah Kerson, Michigan Radio Newsroom