Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Wed April 16, 2014
With deals made with creditors, what's next in Detroit's bankruptcy?
It's turning into a momentous week in Detroit's quest to exit bankruptcy.
First came a deal with two global banks: UBS and Bank of America.
Then, an agreement with leaders of Detroit's retired police and firefighters.
That was followed late yesterday by a settlement with the remaining Detroit retirees.
Daniel Howes, a business columnist with The Detroit News, talks with us about the next challenges in the Detroit bankruptcy saga.
Politics & Government