Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Tue May 8, 2012
Democrats attack Romney at Lansing campaign stop
Democrats were waiting outside of Mitt Romney’s speech, ready to criticize the Republican presidential contender.
Michigan Senate Democratic Leader Gretchen Whitmer says Romney's policies will take Michigan in the wrong direction.
“Romney wants to go back to the days of George W. Bush,” says Whitmer, “We need progress in the state of Michigan. Thank god we had someone like President Obama when the autos needed help.”
Democrats also claim the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s budget plans would hurt college students, like those in his audience at Lansing Community College.