Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Tue May 8, 2012
Democrats attack Romney at Lansing campaign stop
Democrats were waiting outside of Mitt Romney’s speech, ready to criticize the Republican presidential contender.
Michigan Senate Democratic Leader Gretchen Whitmer says Romney's policies will take Michigan in the wrong direction.
“Romney wants to go back to the days of George W. Bush,” says Whitmer, “We need progress in the state of Michigan. Thank god we had someone like President Obama when the autos needed help.”
Democrats also claim the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s budget plans would hurt college students, like those in his audience at Lansing Community College.