Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue May 8, 2012
Democrats attack Romney at Lansing campaign stop
Democrats were waiting outside of Mitt Romney’s speech, ready to criticize the Republican presidential contender.
Michigan Senate Democratic Leader Gretchen Whitmer says Romney's policies will take Michigan in the wrong direction.
“Romney wants to go back to the days of George W. Bush,” says Whitmer, “We need progress in the state of Michigan. Thank god we had someone like President Obama when the autos needed help.”
Democrats also claim the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s budget plans would hurt college students, like those in his audience at Lansing Community College.