Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue May 8, 2012
Democrats attack Romney at Lansing campaign stop
Democrats were waiting outside of Mitt Romney’s speech, ready to criticize the Republican presidential contender.
Michigan Senate Democratic Leader Gretchen Whitmer says Romney's policies will take Michigan in the wrong direction.
“Romney wants to go back to the days of George W. Bush,” says Whitmer, “We need progress in the state of Michigan. Thank god we had someone like President Obama when the autos needed help.”
Democrats also claim the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s budget plans would hurt college students, like those in his audience at Lansing Community College.