Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Thu February 6, 2014
Democrats split over the new farm bill
When President Obama visits Michigan tomorrow, he will sign into law the new, massive farm bill. After years of debate, both the House and Senate passed the almost $1 trillion measure.
And, as usual in Congress, the legislation saw a split between Michigan's delegation, but not just the same old Republican vs. Democratic split.
Out of Michigan's five Democratic U.S. Representatives, two voted against the bill, three in favor of it. One of the Democrats who voted for the bill was Congressman Dan Kildee of Flint, and he joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.