Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Wed April 4, 2012
Detroit Mayor Bing returns to hospital - Deputy Mayor says votes are there to pass agreement
Update 3:36 p.m.
Mayor Bing's office released a statement saying he was re-admitted to Henry Ford Hospital this afternoon as a simple precaution. The statement says he was readmitted "after experiencing some discomfort."
Detroit Mayor Bing's press secretary, Naomi Patton released photos of Bing and Deputy Mayor Kirk Lewis meeting today at the mayoral residence in Detroit.
Bing was released from Henry Ford Hospital this past Monday after going through surgery for a perforated colon.
Here's Lewis talking about his meeting with the Mayor and about Detroit City Council's impending decision about a financial stability agreement with the state.
Lewis told reporters he thinks there are enough votes on council to pass the agreement.