Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Politics & Government
Wed December 5, 2012
Detroit to open 13 police 'mini-stations'
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing says 13 police mini-stations will open throughout the city.
Six of them have opened today, and the rest will be in place by March.
The announcement comes on the day police confirmed the shooting deaths of four people in a home on the east side of Detroit, and a week after the city acknowledged that the number of homicides this year has already has eclipsed the total for 2011.
Each of the mini-stations will be staffed with a permanent officer, a police reservist and a community volunteer.