Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Politics & Government
Wed December 5, 2012
Detroit to open 13 police 'mini-stations'
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing says 13 police mini-stations will open throughout the city.
Six of them have opened today, and the rest will be in place by March.
The announcement comes on the day police confirmed the shooting deaths of four people in a home on the east side of Detroit, and a week after the city acknowledged that the number of homicides this year has already has eclipsed the total for 2011.
Each of the mini-stations will be staffed with a permanent officer, a police reservist and a community volunteer.