Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Thu May 8, 2014
Detroit's annual Belle Isle Grand Prix is approaching
Preparations are well underway as Belle Isle gets primped and polished for the upcoming Grand Prix, officially called the "Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix," from May 30 to June 1.
Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes talked with the man who revived Detroit's Grand Prix in 2007.
This is the first time the race has been held since the state took over management of Belle Isle. What has been done to prepare for the race and fix up the island?
*Listen to the interview above.