Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Mon June 6, 2011
Dow Chemical to form carbon fiber joint venture
NEW YORK (AP) - Dow Chemical Co. says its European subsidiary has agreed to form a joint venture with Turkey's Aksa Akrilik Kimya Sanayii to make carbon fibers.
Strong and lightweight, carbon-fiber based materials are in demand for use in alternative energy projects like wind power.
They're also used in vehicle and infrastructure products. Dow is based in Midland, Mich.