Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Arts & Culture
Fri May 11, 2012
DSO hosts Kid Rock Saturday
The Detroit Symphony Orchestra will accompany Kid Rock in a benefit concert. The orchestra is carrying a 54-million dollar debt. The goal of the event is to raise 1-million dollars for the orchestra. That money will be used for community outreach and education efforts. The concert will be at the Fox Theater Saturday night. Paul Hogle is the Executive Vice President of the DSO. He says while the DSO has faced struggles, he's optimistic of the orchestra's future.
"Coming off of a very difficult year last year, I think we will all look back at this year as being the year of the great return."
Hogle says the DSO was the first orchestra in the country to put their tickets on sale for the coming season. That was in January, and the orchestra has almost reached its sales goal for next year.
Emily Fox- Michigan Radio Newsroom