Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Mon December 19, 2011
Flint crime stats show a decrease
2010 was a record year for Flint. The city recorded 66 homicides.
But preliminary data from the FBI released today show a drop in crime rates.
More from Kristin Longley of the Flint Journal:
For the first six months of 2011, the city reported 909 instances of violent crime — a 19 percent decrease from the 1,123 instances reported by the same time last year.
There were 22 homicides, compared to 27 last year; 41 forcible rapes, compared to 51 last year; and 229 robberies, compared to 274 last year, according to the data.
Any decrease in crime is welcome news in a city that was recently dubbed "the Most Dangerous City in America."