Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Mon December 19, 2011
Flint crime stats show a decrease
2010 was a record year for Flint. The city recorded 66 homicides.
But preliminary data from the FBI released today show a drop in crime rates.
More from Kristin Longley of the Flint Journal:
For the first six months of 2011, the city reported 909 instances of violent crime — a 19 percent decrease from the 1,123 instances reported by the same time last year.
There were 22 homicides, compared to 27 last year; 41 forcible rapes, compared to 51 last year; and 229 robberies, compared to 274 last year, according to the data.
Any decrease in crime is welcome news in a city that was recently dubbed "the Most Dangerous City in America."