Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri April 6, 2012
Flint's emergency manager wants more time to work on union contracts
Earlier this week, Flint emergency manager said he worked out a deal with the city's firefighter's union and hoped to work out deals with the city's other unions by Friday.
The Flint Journal reports this morning that Brown will not meet that deadline:
Flint emergency manager Michael Brown has canceled this month's meeting with city council members until further notice.
Brown had planned to present council on Monday with a 2013 budget, but said Thursday that he won't meet today's deadline for addressing union contracts or the budget and wants more time.
Brown says there's no new firm deadline for hammering out new contracts.