Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Politics & Government
Tue January 8, 2013
Flint's Zamboni and professional sized hockey net up for sale in online auction
You know you've always wanted a Zamboni.
Now's your chance (just got to find a place in the garage for it).
The cash-strapped city of Flint is selling surplus equipment in an online auction on January 15.
Such an auction is a first for the city, according to the Associated Press.
In addition to the hockey gear, you can pick up sections of chain-link fence, a Chevy S10, a tractor, and a Hobart mixer.
You can check out the 216 items up for sale on Orbitbid.com, the company conducting the auction.
Arts & Culture