Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Tue January 14, 2014
Flu season gets a grip on Michigan
It's starting to make its presence felt in empty chairs at the workplace and sad little Facebook status updates saying, "I'm sick."
Flu season is upon us.
Federal officials report 35 states are now experiencing widespread influenza activity with young and middle-aged adults being hit hardest this year rather than the usual pattern of seniors or children.
Dr. Matthew Davis, chief medical executive for the Michigan Department of Community Health and a professor at the University of Michigan, joined us today to give us an idea of what the flu season looks like in Michigan.
Listen to the full interview above.