Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Thu April 14, 2011
Ford expands F-150 truck recall
Ford is expanding a recall of its F-150 pickup.
The recall now includes nearly 1.2 million trucks because of an air bag defect and covers trucks from the 2004 through 2006 model years.
The company in February had agreed to recall more than 150,000 of the trucks.
But on Thursday, U.S. safety regulators said that Ford will add to the recall because the trucks’ air bags can go off unexpectedly and injure drivers.
Ford had resisted expanding the recall.
The F-series pickup is the top-selling vehicle in America.