OpinionMore 'dark money' will influence politics in Michigan if Snyder doesn't veto
The Environment ReportGo lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Politics & GovernmentIn his farewell speech Bing says, 'I will remain involved in Detroit's transformation'
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Thu April 14, 2011
Ford expands F-150 truck recall
Ford is expanding a recall of its F-150 pickup.
The recall now includes nearly 1.2 million trucks because of an air bag defect and covers trucks from the 2004 through 2006 model years.
The company in February had agreed to recall more than 150,000 of the trucks.
But on Thursday, U.S. safety regulators said that Ford will add to the recall because the trucks’ air bags can go off unexpectedly and injure drivers.
Ford had resisted expanding the recall.
The F-series pickup is the top-selling vehicle in America.