Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Thu April 14, 2011
Ford expands F-150 truck recall
Ford is expanding a recall of its F-150 pickup.
The recall now includes nearly 1.2 million trucks because of an air bag defect and covers trucks from the 2004 through 2006 model years.
The company in February had agreed to recall more than 150,000 of the trucks.
But on Thursday, U.S. safety regulators said that Ford will add to the recall because the trucks’ air bags can go off unexpectedly and injure drivers.
Ford had resisted expanding the recall.
The F-series pickup is the top-selling vehicle in America.