Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Ford Motor Company
Tue July 23, 2013
Ford turns to social media to fill white collar jobs
Earlier this year, Ford Motor Company announced it would hire 3,000 new white collar employees in 2013 to meet growing demand for its products, up from the originally planned 2,200.
The company has hired 1,500 and now, at the halfway point, Ford is starting a social media campaign to find the remaining workers. Of the 3,000 new jobs, 2,400 will be technical professionals who will work in product development, manufacturing, quality, purchasing and information technology.
The slogan of the campaign is "The distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter." The new initiative will engage job candidates on the three major social sites the company uses for recruiting – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, as well as the corporate careers website.