Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Ford Motor Company
Tue July 23, 2013
Ford turns to social media to fill white collar jobs
Earlier this year, Ford Motor Company announced it would hire 3,000 new white collar employees in 2013 to meet growing demand for its products, up from the originally planned 2,200.
The company has hired 1,500 and now, at the halfway point, Ford is starting a social media campaign to find the remaining workers. Of the 3,000 new jobs, 2,400 will be technical professionals who will work in product development, manufacturing, quality, purchasing and information technology.
The slogan of the campaign is "The distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter." The new initiative will engage job candidates on the three major social sites the company uses for recruiting – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, as well as the corporate careers website.