Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Mon November 18, 2013
France has introduced a tax on soda to help combat obesity and diabetes
French women don't get fat, so said French writer
Mireille Guiliano in her infamous cookbook.
But that didn’t stop French authorities from introducing a new tax on soda in order to combat obesity and diabetes.
While obesity has more than doubled in France over the past 15 years and continues to rise, the country still has far fewer obese people than the U.S.
David Chazan prepared this report from Paris as the law was enacted last year.
Listen to the full interview above.