Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Mon August 1, 2011
Genesee and Berrien Counties have high recall rates
Genesee and Berrien Counties may each have 2 dozen recall requests on the ballots this fall. Many are at the township level.
Tom Frazier is with the Michigan Townships Association. He says there are lots of reasons for a recall.
"Many recalls happen because somebody is disgruntled from the previous election. Perhaps someone who ran did not win and might start a recall petition against the person who did win."
There are also efforts underway to recall Governor Snyder and many state legislators.
-Traci Currie - Michigan Radio Newsroom