Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Mon August 1, 2011
Genesee and Berrien Counties have high recall rates
Genesee and Berrien Counties may each have 2 dozen recall requests on the ballots this fall. Many are at the township level.
Tom Frazier is with the Michigan Townships Association. He says there are lots of reasons for a recall.
"Many recalls happen because somebody is disgruntled from the previous election. Perhaps someone who ran did not win and might start a recall petition against the person who did win."
There are also efforts underway to recall Governor Snyder and many state legislators.
-Traci Currie - Michigan Radio Newsroom