Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Thu January 17, 2013
GM to invest $1.5B in N. American factories
DETROIT (AP) - General Motors says it will invest $1.5 billion in its North American factories this year.
GM is revamping 70 percent of its U.S. models as it switches from the oldest lineup in the industry to the newest.
Reuss says the investment is in addition to the $10.2 billion GM already has spent on its factories since July of 2009. The company has added about 2,000 U.S. jobs since then.
GM recently unveiled new full-size pickup trucks, a completely redone Chevrolet Corvette and a Cadillac luxury version of the Chevrolet Volt plug-in electric car. It says more announcements are coming.