Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
GM, Nexteer invest in Saginaw
Fri October 28, 2011
GM, Nexteer to invest in Saginaw operations
General Motors officials say the company will invest $215 million in the GM Saginaw Metal Casting Operation to tool the plant to build components for future GM vehicles.
The plant makes engine blocks and cylinder heads for GM vehicles, including the Buick LaCrosse and Chevy Malibu.
GM says the investment will create or maintain 275 jobs at the plant, which currently employs 630 people.
Later today, Nexteer is expected to announce a large capital investment in its Saginaw operations.
Governor Rick Snyder will attend both events today.