Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
GM, Nexteer invest in Saginaw
Fri October 28, 2011
GM, Nexteer to invest in Saginaw operations
General Motors officials say the company will invest $215 million in the GM Saginaw Metal Casting Operation to tool the plant to build components for future GM vehicles.
The plant makes engine blocks and cylinder heads for GM vehicles, including the Buick LaCrosse and Chevy Malibu.
GM says the investment will create or maintain 275 jobs at the plant, which currently employs 630 people.
Later today, Nexteer is expected to announce a large capital investment in its Saginaw operations.
Governor Rick Snyder will attend both events today.