Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
GM, Nexteer invest in Saginaw
Fri October 28, 2011
GM, Nexteer to invest in Saginaw operations
General Motors officials say the company will invest $215 million in the GM Saginaw Metal Casting Operation to tool the plant to build components for future GM vehicles.
The plant makes engine blocks and cylinder heads for GM vehicles, including the Buick LaCrosse and Chevy Malibu.
GM says the investment will create or maintain 275 jobs at the plant, which currently employs 630 people.
Later today, Nexteer is expected to announce a large capital investment in its Saginaw operations.
Governor Rick Snyder will attend both events today.