Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Thu July 26, 2012
Governor Snyder planning another trade mission to Asia
Governor Rick Snyder said this afternoon his office is planning a trade mission to Asia.
Governor Snyder went on an 8-day trip to China, South Korea and Japan last fall. He says two new economic investments – one in Ann Arbor and one in Saginaw – are a direct result of that trip. Now he’s planning to go back to Asia to strengthen business ties there.
Snyder will take part in an annual meeting of the Midwest U.S. Japan Association in Minnesota in mid-September. From there he plans to fly directly to China. Details of the trip aren't finalized yet; including exact destinations or who may travel with him.
Snyder also went on a trade mission to Europe earlier this year. He visited automakers in Italy and discussed advanced electric storage with economic leaders in Germany.
Michigan Radio's Tracy Samilton went on the Asia trade mission in the fall of 2011. You can find a great wrap-up of her stories here.
Michigan and China
Selling cars in China different than U.S.
EN-V could cut gridlock
Ford in China