Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Thu September 29, 2011
A Governor's story: An interview with former Governor Jennifer Granholm and Dan Mulhern
Less than nine months after leaving office, Michigan former Governor Jennifer Granholm has published an account of her administration. The book was co-authored by her husband, Dan Mulhern.
In "A Governor's Story, The Fight for Jobs and America's Economic Future," Granholm recounts the many challenges the state faced during her term as Governor from 2003 to 2011.
The book details job losses, globalization, a shrinking auto industry, and Granholm's efforts to combat how those issues affected the state and its residents.
Michigan Radio’s Morning Edition host Christina Shockley spoke with Governor Granholm and Dan Mulhern about the book. You can listen to the interview above.