Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Mon November 4, 2013
Grand Rapids millage dedicates funding for parks
Election day 2013 is a big day for those who want to see better parks in Grand Rapids.
A coalition is hoping to get voters to approve a dedicated millage for city parks.
The millage campaign has raised the conversation: just what do people want in their city? And how much are they willing to pay to have a good park system?
Steve Faber is the executive director of the Friends of Grand Rapids Parks and he's a member of "Neighbors for Parks, Pools and Playgrounds," the citizen advocacy group proposing this millage. He joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.