Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon November 4, 2013
Grand Rapids millage dedicates funding for parks
Election day 2013 is a big day for those who want to see better parks in Grand Rapids.
A coalition is hoping to get voters to approve a dedicated millage for city parks.
The millage campaign has raised the conversation: just what do people want in their city? And how much are they willing to pay to have a good park system?
Steve Faber is the executive director of the Friends of Grand Rapids Parks and he's a member of "Neighbors for Parks, Pools and Playgrounds," the citizen advocacy group proposing this millage. He joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.