Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Mon November 4, 2013
Grand Rapids millage dedicates funding for parks
Election day 2013 is a big day for those who want to see better parks in Grand Rapids.
A coalition is hoping to get voters to approve a dedicated millage for city parks.
The millage campaign has raised the conversation: just what do people want in their city? And how much are they willing to pay to have a good park system?
Steve Faber is the executive director of the Friends of Grand Rapids Parks and he's a member of "Neighbors for Parks, Pools and Playgrounds," the citizen advocacy group proposing this millage. He joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.