OpinionMore 'dark money' will influence politics in Michigan if Snyder doesn't veto
The Environment ReportGo lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Politics & GovernmentIn his farewell speech Bing says, 'I will remain involved in Detroit's transformation'
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Thu December 9, 2010
Granholm calls for a jobs "Moon Shot"
3 million jobs in 3 years. That's what soon-to-be-former-Governor Jennifer Granholm called for in her article in the Huffington Post.
Granholm calls for a "Jobs Race to the Top" modelled on the education "Race to the Top" program.
Dangle large sums of money in front of cash strapped states and see if you can get them to change their policies.
Granholm says the new jobs should focus on developing new sources of energy around the country:
Every region has something to offer to our clean energy future, and every region could be creating all kinds of jobs for their citizens right now -- if incentives were right.
Granholm says the U.S. should invest heavily in the emerging alternative energy market or run the risk of "watching our global economic competitors eat our lunch."
No word yet on whether Granholm will be offered a position in the Obama Administration.
Energy Under Michigan