Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Thu December 9, 2010
Granholm calls for a jobs "Moon Shot"
3 million jobs in 3 years. That's what soon-to-be-former-Governor Jennifer Granholm called for in her article in the Huffington Post.
Granholm calls for a "Jobs Race to the Top" modelled on the education "Race to the Top" program.
Dangle large sums of money in front of cash strapped states and see if you can get them to change their policies.
Granholm says the new jobs should focus on developing new sources of energy around the country:
Every region has something to offer to our clean energy future, and every region could be creating all kinds of jobs for their citizens right now -- if incentives were right.
Granholm says the U.S. should invest heavily in the emerging alternative energy market or run the risk of "watching our global economic competitors eat our lunch."
No word yet on whether Granholm will be offered a position in the Obama Administration.
Energy Under Michigan