Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Mon July 29, 2013
Henry Ford at 150
Ford Motor Company celebrates the 150th anniversary of the birth of Henry Ford this week.
Bill Ford, Jr. is Henry Ford's great-grandson, and Executive Chairman of the company
Ford says the founder would have been pleased that his company is still a family business, 150 years later.
“I know Henry Ford would have been incredibly proud of the way his grandchildren led the company through the most difficult times,” says Ford
Ford Motor Company took out a $24 billion loan in 2006, using its trademark blue oval as part of the collateral.
The loan enabled Ford to restructure itself and get through the recession without going through bankruptcy.
Ford got back full rights to the blue oval last year.
Politics & Government