Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Arts & Culture
Mon April 29, 2013
A hike along the Great Lakes
As we move into our middle years many of us yearn to do something to change things up in a big way.
Battle Creek's Loreen Niewenhuis took that question and really came up with something different: she got up from her desk, put on her hiking boots and started walking.
First Loreen walked around Lake Michigan.
Then she decided to walk over a thousand miles - hiking the shorelines of all five Great Lakes.
Her adventures are chronicled in her new book A One-Thousand-Mile Great Lakes Walk: One Woman's Trek Along the Shorelines of All Five Great Lakes published by Crickhollow Books.
Niewenhuis has taken off her hiking boots and joins us today on Stateside.
Listen to the full interview above.
The Environment Report