Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Fri July 8, 2011
Housing chief to announce help for troubled cities
Officials on loan from the federal government are soon expected to help Detroit and a handful of other cities coordinate their redevelopment efforts.
The nation’s housing chief is expected to announce an initiative to place federal officials inside city halls, including Detroit’s.
Mayor Dave Bing’s office wouldn’t comment on the announcement. But the mayor has said he’s been working with federal officials on ways to help Detroit.
A press conference to announce the program is planned for the morning, and Housing Secretary Donovan is scheduled to address the Detroit Economic Club later in the day.