Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Fri July 8, 2011
Housing chief to announce help for troubled cities
Officials on loan from the federal government are soon expected to help Detroit and a handful of other cities coordinate their redevelopment efforts.
The nation’s housing chief is expected to announce an initiative to place federal officials inside city halls, including Detroit’s.
Mayor Dave Bing’s office wouldn’t comment on the announcement. But the mayor has said he’s been working with federal officials on ways to help Detroit.
A press conference to announce the program is planned for the morning, and Housing Secretary Donovan is scheduled to address the Detroit Economic Club later in the day.