Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Fri July 8, 2011
Housing chief to announce help for troubled cities
Officials on loan from the federal government are soon expected to help Detroit and a handful of other cities coordinate their redevelopment efforts.
The nation’s housing chief is expected to announce an initiative to place federal officials inside city halls, including Detroit’s.
Mayor Dave Bing’s office wouldn’t comment on the announcement. But the mayor has said he’s been working with federal officials on ways to help Detroit.
A press conference to announce the program is planned for the morning, and Housing Secretary Donovan is scheduled to address the Detroit Economic Club later in the day.