Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Thu May 29, 2014
How to ensure your job application is social media savvy
The graduation ceremonies are over, the caps and gowns stored in the back of the closet, and the photos of college grads and proud family members are posted on Facebook.
Now comes reality for new college grads: the job search.
And in this digital world packed with social media, the old-fashioned one-page resume and cover letter might not cut it anymore.
What do recruiters and companies want to see from applicants?
For advice, we turned to someone who has been a career counselor for 13 years at the University of Michigan School of Information. Joanna Kroll is the director of career development, and she joined us on Stateside.
*Listen to the full interview above.
Ford Motor Company