Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Wed March 5, 2014
How would Laura Ingalls Wilder describe this year’s winter?
How would Laura Ingalls Wilder describe the winter of 1880-81, when blizzard after blizzard pounded the settlement town of DeSmet, in what was then Dakota Territory?
National Weather Service meteorologist and climatologist Barbara Mayes Boustead joins us today to put that long, difficult winter into perspective.