Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Wed March 5, 2014
How would Laura Ingalls Wilder describe this year’s winter?
How would Laura Ingalls Wilder describe the winter of 1880-81, when blizzard after blizzard pounded the settlement town of DeSmet, in what was then Dakota Territory?
National Weather Service meteorologist and climatologist Barbara Mayes Boustead joins us today to put that long, difficult winter into perspective.