Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Fri March 16, 2012
Hudson Mills Metropark golf course severely damaged in storm
Staff at the Hudson Mills Metropark say their golf course near Dexter suffered significant damage from last night's F3 tornado that touched down around 5:30 p.m. From a Huron-Clinton Metroparks press release:
“According to neighbors, the funnel touched down on hole nine and stayed a while,” said Jerry Cyr, park operations manager for Hudson Mills Metropark. “We are grateful that no one was injured.”
The course is closed until further notice.
The main park is open, but without electricity or running water.
Although park personnel have not been able to completely assess the destruction, preliminary reports are that several areas of the course have suffered substantial damage. Trees and household debris are scattered throughout the course.
The park is the site where dramatic video footage of the tornado was captured by visitors.
Park staff say maple sugar programs scheduled for Saturday, and Sunday will be held if the power to the park is restored.