Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Wed December 18, 2013
It's time to unplug during the holidays
Here we are, one week away from Christmas, and two weeks away from the New Year.
The folks who work retail are busy, busy, busy, but many other workplaces are going to see a mayor "thinning of the ranks" as we take our holiday breaks.
But, how much of break will we really get? Yes, we may be sitting at home, or out of town at Grandma's. But, there is that Great Big Umbilical Cord that connects us with the office: technology!
The smart phones, email, iPads, laptops they all keep us tethered to work. What's that "constant connectivity" really doing to us?
We're joined by Sarita Schoenebeck, an assistant professor in the School of Information at the University of Michigan.