Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Issues & Ale
Wed July 10, 2013
Join us for Issues & Ale: The role of men in the success of children
Issues & Ale: The role of men in the success of children
Wed, July 24, 7:00pm
720 Norris St.
Join Michigan Radio’s Jenn White as she hosts this State of Opportunity discussion looking at the role men play in helping kids be successful. How important are male role models in helping children break the cycle of poverty?
Phil Black, CEO and founder of The Manhood Project
Cleo Caldwell, Associate Professor in the Department of Health Behavior and Health Education and Director of the Center for Research on Ethnicity, Culture, and Health at the University of Michigan’s School of Public Health
Mike Kildee, co-founder and president of the Michigan Fatherhood Coalition
Dustin Dwyer, State of Opportunity reporter/producer
Stop by, have a drink, and join us at the Corner Brewery’s outdoor beer garden for this lively discussion.
Issues and Ale is an event series co-sponsored by Michigan Radio and the Center for Michigan designed to engage people in conversations about important issues facing Michigan... in an informal atmosphere. Stop by, have a drink, and join in the discussion with your questions and comments.