Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
State of Opportunity
Tue April 2, 2013
Join us for a special State of Opportunity call-in show today
Today at 3 p.m., Michigan Radio's Jenn White will host a State of Opportunity call-in show.
We're focusing on the structures and policies that make it hard for Michigan's children to get ahead.
How does having certain privileges shape our attitudes about poverty? What experiences have you had where you lacked the privilege required to get ahead?
We'd love to talk to you!
Our guests will be:
- Doak Bloss, Health Equity and Social Justice Coordinator at the Ingham County Health Department
- Erin Currier, Director of the Economic Mobility Project at the Pew Charitable Trusts
- Linwood Cousins, Director and Professor at the School of Social Work at Western Michigan University
- David Callahan, Senior Fellow at Demos and co-author of the report, “Stacked Deck”
- State Rep. Rashida Tlaib, 6th district, SW Detroit