Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
State of Opportunity
Tue April 2, 2013
Join us for a special State of Opportunity call-in show today
Today at 3 p.m., Michigan Radio's Jenn White will host a State of Opportunity call-in show.
We're focusing on the structures and policies that make it hard for Michigan's children to get ahead.
How does having certain privileges shape our attitudes about poverty? What experiences have you had where you lacked the privilege required to get ahead?
We'd love to talk to you!
Our guests will be:
- Doak Bloss, Health Equity and Social Justice Coordinator at the Ingham County Health Department
- Erin Currier, Director of the Economic Mobility Project at the Pew Charitable Trusts
- Linwood Cousins, Director and Professor at the School of Social Work at Western Michigan University
- David Callahan, Senior Fellow at Demos and co-author of the report, “Stacked Deck”
- State Rep. Rashida Tlaib, 6th district, SW Detroit