Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue November 2, 2010
Kent County GOP cheering republican wins so far
Roughly 80 people gathering with the Kent County GOP in downtown Grand Rapids cheered when local media called the governor's race for Ann Arbor Businessman Rick Snyder.
Jason Ellis is from the Grand Rapids suburb of Kentwood. Wearing a Justin Amash T-shirt and sipping a Heineken he says he's satisfied with the outcome. “I think Rick Snyder’s got a tough road ahead the next couple years in Michigan – a lot of big decisions will have to be made. But I think he’s got the right skill set and he’s the kind of guy we need in Lansing right now.”
Across the table Christopher Mabie of Grand Rapids sports a Justin Amash button. He's confident Amash will also pull off a victory tonight. "They saw right through (Amash's opponent Pat) Miles when he tried to attack Justin. He spent the whole time attacking Justin and Justin just kept on track tyring to make the issues relevant. I think that message got through and we’re in pretty good shape."