Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue November 2, 2010
Kent County GOP cheering republican wins so far
Roughly 80 people gathering with the Kent County GOP in downtown Grand Rapids cheered when local media called the governor's race for Ann Arbor Businessman Rick Snyder.
Jason Ellis is from the Grand Rapids suburb of Kentwood. Wearing a Justin Amash T-shirt and sipping a Heineken he says he's satisfied with the outcome. “I think Rick Snyder’s got a tough road ahead the next couple years in Michigan – a lot of big decisions will have to be made. But I think he’s got the right skill set and he’s the kind of guy we need in Lansing right now.”
Across the table Christopher Mabie of Grand Rapids sports a Justin Amash button. He's confident Amash will also pull off a victory tonight. "They saw right through (Amash's opponent Pat) Miles when he tried to attack Justin. He spent the whole time attacking Justin and Justin just kept on track tyring to make the issues relevant. I think that message got through and we’re in pretty good shape."