Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Tue November 2, 2010
Kent County GOP cheering republican wins so far
Roughly 80 people gathering with the Kent County GOP in downtown Grand Rapids cheered when local media called the governor's race for Ann Arbor Businessman Rick Snyder.
Jason Ellis is from the Grand Rapids suburb of Kentwood. Wearing a Justin Amash T-shirt and sipping a Heineken he says he's satisfied with the outcome. “I think Rick Snyder’s got a tough road ahead the next couple years in Michigan – a lot of big decisions will have to be made. But I think he’s got the right skill set and he’s the kind of guy we need in Lansing right now.”
Across the table Christopher Mabie of Grand Rapids sports a Justin Amash button. He's confident Amash will also pull off a victory tonight. "They saw right through (Amash's opponent Pat) Miles when he tried to attack Justin. He spent the whole time attacking Justin and Justin just kept on track tyring to make the issues relevant. I think that message got through and we’re in pretty good shape."