Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Tue May 8, 2012
Lansing City Council delays budget vote
The Lansing City Council is taking more time to review next year’s budget plan.
Council has delayed its vote on the budget from May 14th to May 21st.
Councilwoman Carol Wood says there are “holes” in the mayor’s budget plan.
“Those holes have not been plugged. All we’re being told is they might be filled," says Wood, "And I can’t pass in good conscience for the taxpayers of the city of Lansing. I can’t pass a budget that way.”
Wood and other council members are particularly concerned about the mayor’s use of money from a special public safety millage on things other than rehiring laid off police officers.