Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
Tue April 1, 2014
Lindsey Smith finalist for Young Journalist of the Year
The Detroit Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists announced today that Michigan Radio reporter Lindsey Smith is a finalist for Young Journalist of the Year. Lindsey Smith is Michigan Radio's West Michigan Reporter, and has worked at the station since 2010.
Other finalists for Young Journalist of the Year are Nathan Bomey of the Detroit Free Press, and Deepa Seetharaman of Thomson Reuters.
SPJ Detroit also announced three finalists for Journalist of the Year: Tim Higgins and Keith Naughton, both of Bloomberg News, and Robert Snell of The Detroit News.
SPJ Detroit’s Journalist and Young Journalist of the Year awards recognize the area's top print, online, radio and television journalists. The finalists are selected by a jury of veteran metro Detroit journalists from candidates nominated by their peers. SPJ Detroit will announce the winners at its annual banquet on April 16.