Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Michigan Athletic Department embarrasses while trying to fill seats
- Honeybees collaborate with Kalamazoo artist on ArtPrize exhibit
- Who is Mark Schauer, really?
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Truth Squad rules "flagrant foul" on teachers' union ad, warns Snyder campaign
Tue April 1, 2014
Lindsey Smith finalist for Young Journalist of the Year
The Detroit Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists announced today that Michigan Radio reporter Lindsey Smith is a finalist for Young Journalist of the Year. Lindsey Smith is Michigan Radio's West Michigan Reporter, and has worked at the station since 2010.
Other finalists for Young Journalist of the Year are Nathan Bomey of the Detroit Free Press, and Deepa Seetharaman of Thomson Reuters.
SPJ Detroit also announced three finalists for Journalist of the Year: Tim Higgins and Keith Naughton, both of Bloomberg News, and Robert Snell of The Detroit News.
SPJ Detroit’s Journalist and Young Journalist of the Year awards recognize the area's top print, online, radio and television journalists. The finalists are selected by a jury of veteran metro Detroit journalists from candidates nominated by their peers. SPJ Detroit will announce the winners at its annual banquet on April 16.