Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Tue April 1, 2014
Lindsey Smith finalist for Young Journalist of the Year
The Detroit Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists announced today that Michigan Radio reporter Lindsey Smith is a finalist for Young Journalist of the Year. Lindsey Smith is Michigan Radio's West Michigan Reporter, and has worked at the station since 2010.
Other finalists for Young Journalist of the Year are Nathan Bomey of the Detroit Free Press, and Deepa Seetharaman of Thomson Reuters.
SPJ Detroit also announced three finalists for Journalist of the Year: Tim Higgins and Keith Naughton, both of Bloomberg News, and Robert Snell of The Detroit News.
SPJ Detroit’s Journalist and Young Journalist of the Year awards recognize the area's top print, online, radio and television journalists. The finalists are selected by a jury of veteran metro Detroit journalists from candidates nominated by their peers. SPJ Detroit will announce the winners at its annual banquet on April 16.