Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue April 1, 2014
Lindsey Smith finalist for Young Journalist of the Year
The Detroit Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists announced today that Michigan Radio reporter Lindsey Smith is a finalist for Young Journalist of the Year. Lindsey Smith is Michigan Radio's West Michigan Reporter, and has worked at the station since 2010.
Other finalists for Young Journalist of the Year are Nathan Bomey of the Detroit Free Press, and Deepa Seetharaman of Thomson Reuters.
SPJ Detroit also announced three finalists for Journalist of the Year: Tim Higgins and Keith Naughton, both of Bloomberg News, and Robert Snell of The Detroit News.
SPJ Detroit’s Journalist and Young Journalist of the Year awards recognize the area's top print, online, radio and television journalists. The finalists are selected by a jury of veteran metro Detroit journalists from candidates nominated by their peers. SPJ Detroit will announce the winners at its annual banquet on April 16.