Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue July 12, 2011
McCotter's U.S. House seat coveted by another politician
With U.S. Rep. Thad McCotter (R - 11th district) running for president, his U.S. House seat is being eyed by politicians with aspirations - specifically by State Senator Mike Kowall (R - White Lake).
McCotter hasn't said yet whether he plans to give up his House seat.
From the Associated Press:
State Sen. Mike Kowall of White Lake Township said Tuesday that he's running regardless of McCotter's plans.
Kowall says McCotter has made it clear he's running for president, not Congress. A request for comment from McCotter's spokeswoman was not immediately returned Tuesday...
Kowall is a former businessman and township supervisor who served in the state House from 1999-2002. He was elected senator last year. His wife is a state representative.