Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Tue July 12, 2011
McCotter's U.S. House seat coveted by another politician
With U.S. Rep. Thad McCotter (R - 11th district) running for president, his U.S. House seat is being eyed by politicians with aspirations - specifically by State Senator Mike Kowall (R - White Lake).
McCotter hasn't said yet whether he plans to give up his House seat.
From the Associated Press:
State Sen. Mike Kowall of White Lake Township said Tuesday that he's running regardless of McCotter's plans.
Kowall says McCotter has made it clear he's running for president, not Congress. A request for comment from McCotter's spokeswoman was not immediately returned Tuesday...
Kowall is a former businessman and township supervisor who served in the state House from 1999-2002. He was elected senator last year. His wife is a state representative.