Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Mon October 14, 2013
Michigan Amtrak is getting faster and better
“Let’s take the train.” It seems more and more of us are saying those words these days.
A record 793,000 passengers hopped aboard Amtrak’s three Michigan routes last year and revenue grew to $27.8 million. And there are some changes coming down the track that should make the traveling faster and better for train passengers in Michigan.
Tim Hoeffner, rail director at the Michigan Department of Transportation, joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.