Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
Sat April 28, 2012
Michigan clergy members discuss ways to reduce youth violence
A new group is trying to organize clergy members statewide to address the problem of youth violence in Michigan.
The group Prophetic Voices gathered a Christian, Muslim and other religious leaders to a meeting in Lansing this past week.
Reverend Ira Edwards is the spokesman for Prophetic Voices. He says youth violence is hurting more than just young people in Michigan.
"Cause every time you have one youth kill another one…that’s two families that have been destroyed," says Edwards, "And if we don’t do something to stem the tide…then we’re going to lose our youth. And when Satan can destroy the youth…he can destroy the nation.”
The religious leaders hope to expand their membership in the year ahead…and come up with ways to lessen youth violence in Michigan.