Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Sat April 28, 2012
Michigan clergy members discuss ways to reduce youth violence
A new group is trying to organize clergy members statewide to address the problem of youth violence in Michigan.
The group Prophetic Voices gathered a Christian, Muslim and other religious leaders to a meeting in Lansing this past week.
Reverend Ira Edwards is the spokesman for Prophetic Voices. He says youth violence is hurting more than just young people in Michigan.
"Cause every time you have one youth kill another one…that’s two families that have been destroyed," says Edwards, "And if we don’t do something to stem the tide…then we’re going to lose our youth. And when Satan can destroy the youth…he can destroy the nation.”
The religious leaders hope to expand their membership in the year ahead…and come up with ways to lessen youth violence in Michigan.