Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Sat April 28, 2012
Michigan clergy members discuss ways to reduce youth violence
A new group is trying to organize clergy members statewide to address the problem of youth violence in Michigan.
The group Prophetic Voices gathered a Christian, Muslim and other religious leaders to a meeting in Lansing this past week.
Reverend Ira Edwards is the spokesman for Prophetic Voices. He says youth violence is hurting more than just young people in Michigan.
"Cause every time you have one youth kill another one…that’s two families that have been destroyed," says Edwards, "And if we don’t do something to stem the tide…then we’re going to lose our youth. And when Satan can destroy the youth…he can destroy the nation.”
The religious leaders hope to expand their membership in the year ahead…and come up with ways to lessen youth violence in Michigan.