Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Michigan troops home from Afghanistan
Thu October 28, 2010
Michigan community celebrates soldiers' homecoming
Veterans, family and friends gathered inside Muskegon Catholic Central High School for the rally to welcome home the 180th Transportation Company. The unit spent 13 months fighting in the Afghanistan desert.
Among them was Private First Class Derrick Jackson. "It's great - great to see something that's green. Just being able to spend time with my family - it's a good feeling," Jackson said. Courtney Jackson's eyes light up watching her husband hold their 7 month old son Tyler. "It's so weird I'm used to doing everything by myself. It's kind of nice to have help," Jackson said.
In addition to hanging out with his son, Jackson says he's also looking forward to sleeping in and going hunting.