Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Mon December 2, 2013
Michigan legislature has 40 days to act on Right to Life measure
This week could bring a vote in the State Legislature that will be closely watched by those on either side of the abortion debate.
The vote would be on a citizen-initiated bill that could end abortion coverage as a standard feature in health insurance policies.
Right-To-Life of Michigan turned in more than 315,000 signatures to get this bill before the Legislature.
And today, the Board of State Canvassers certified this voter-initiated petition, which sends it on to the state Legislature.
MLive reporter Jonathan Oosting joined us today to discuss the issue.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government