Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Mon December 2, 2013
Michigan legislature has 40 days to act on Right to Life measure
This week could bring a vote in the State Legislature that will be closely watched by those on either side of the abortion debate.
The vote would be on a citizen-initiated bill that could end abortion coverage as a standard feature in health insurance policies.
Right-To-Life of Michigan turned in more than 315,000 signatures to get this bill before the Legislature.
And today, the Board of State Canvassers certified this voter-initiated petition, which sends it on to the state Legislature.
MLive reporter Jonathan Oosting joined us today to discuss the issue.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government