Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon December 2, 2013
Michigan legislature has 40 days to act on Right to Life measure
This week could bring a vote in the State Legislature that will be closely watched by those on either side of the abortion debate.
The vote would be on a citizen-initiated bill that could end abortion coverage as a standard feature in health insurance policies.
Right-To-Life of Michigan turned in more than 315,000 signatures to get this bill before the Legislature.
And today, the Board of State Canvassers certified this voter-initiated petition, which sends it on to the state Legislature.
MLive reporter Jonathan Oosting joined us today to discuss the issue.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government